Wednesday, 29 April 2009

day 4 the hotel toilet

No trip to Japan would be complete without photos of the sanitary facilities. They'd win the world cup for toilet facilities any day.


If it's not odd enough that they have a custom built toilet at Nyutabaru military base for the use of plane spotters, then it is surely odd that the hotel toilets get more and more sophisticated. I for one do not like the heated toilet seat (maybe because it feels like Nick's just got off it?) and just don't get the attraction.

I do like the graceful closing of toilet seats - a Boeing 777 toilet is supposed to do this too but I think most are broken - but this one seems to do all the spraying of orifices and drying and plays music so you aren't embarassed by bodily noises and then automatically sprays deodourising spray into the atmosphere.


Another thing the Japanese do well is Internet. It's free everywhere we've been, no suggestion of charging and really useful. I shall resist the temptaion to Google more photos of Japanese loos....

No comments:

Post a Comment